— Charles Kingsley (via thatkindofwoman)
- My email to Camp Director: Hatching new ideas for the chicken coop/garden expo! ...
- Camp Director email to Me: Sow it begins. [with an attached picture of seedlings in soil trays]
- I guess you could say I'm pretty excited to begin my summer job.
About a week ago, she was staring in the mirror with her purple grad cap on her head, complaining to me about how silly it looked.
“It looks silly on everyone,” I replied not paying her much attention.
She tilted her head back and forth to adjust her hair and the angled cap, trying to get them to somehow agree with one another. After a few minutes of wrestling, she admitted defeat with an audible sigh.
“Which side does the tassel go on before you graduate?”
I absentmindedly answered and just happened to look up. I’m so glad I did. In the mirror, I saw a brief moment of defiance. A devilish grin sneaked across her face.
She thwopped the tassel down with purpose on the post grad side, turned away from the mirror, and sauntered out of the room.
“I’m already graduated.”
She didn’t even look back.
Someone sassy and confident is ready for college.
Less talking is better than too much talking.
- sleeping in late
- reading books
- running in the sunshine
- eating grilled cheese sandwiches cut in triangles
- hearing people call me “Jennie Catherine”
- sitting on the tractor
- drinking water from our well
- laughing with my family